Hola,
Ok, so so I'm now on Tecfidera... but the Gilenya continues to be a small thorn in my side.
I had a lengthy conversation with my doctor prior to going on the Gilenya, and although she was hesitant to move me off the injected meds, the options were Gilenya, Tecfidera, and Tysabri. Tysabri is a monthly IV drip administered in their office or a hospital, so that was out immediately.
We opted for the Gilenya over Tecfidera cause it was around for longer and had more data behind it.
In retrospect, after looking at the potential side effects, Tecfidera was the less risky choice. I had all the side effects you can have from that stupid medication... just short of my eyes exploding. Thankfully, nothing has really lingered, with the exception of my liver numbers being slightly elevated. So even if it didn't give me asthma, I would have needed to stop anyway. Grrrrrr!
So far so good with the Tecfidera. Minor flushing a few hours after, so my face turns ever so slightly, bright neon pink.
For my next post I'm debating between a recipe or a movie post. No idea of a recipe, but I'm thinking a definitive ranking of all Godzilla movies if I go with films. Time will tell.
Laters,
Adam
P.S. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of good cardio exercises, I'm starting to train to get back in goal (which begs the question if anyone needs a goalie...) let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment