Ok, so since I haven't actually cooked anything noteworthy in a while, I figured I'd go with yet another movie post (yes, I know, I'm probably becoming a little too repetitive at this point.) But... very soon I will be making a turkey, so I will save that for the recipe post. Especially since I am thinking of going with a dry brine (fancy, right?)
I wanted to go with a movie post that anyone would be able to relate to. What series of movies does everyone love, that everyone would have seen, everyone can talk about to no end, and everyone would appreciate... that's right... GODZILLA!!!!
(::facepalm:: of course, cause everyone just loooooves him as much as I do (not to heavy on the sarcasm I hope (and yes, I am putting multiple parenthesis inside of one another, very meta)))
Enough of that silliness. I am now going to reveal the definitive listing of Godzilla (or Gojira for the purists) movies.
| Movie | Year | Ranking |
| Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla | 1974 | 1 |
| Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster) | 1971 | 2 |
| Godzilla (US Distributed) | 2014 | 3 |
| Godzilla: Final Wars | 2004 | 4 |
| The Return of Godzilla (Godzilla 1985) | 1984 | 5 |
| Destroy All Monsters | 1968 | 6 |
| Godzilla vs. Biollante | 1989 | 7 |
| Godzilla vs. Gigan | 1972 | 8 |
| Godzilla Raids Again | 1955 | 9 |
| King Kong vs. Godzilla | 1962 | 10 |
| Godzilla (Godzilla, King of the Monsters) | 1954 | 11 |
| Invasion of Astro-Monster (Godzilla vs. Monster Zero) | 1965 | 12 |
| Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. | 2003 | 13 |
| Mothra vs. Godzilla | 1964 | 14 |
| Godzilla 2000: Millennium (Godzilla 2000) | 1999 | 15 |
| Terror of Mechagodzilla | 1975 | 16 |
| Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster | 1964 | 17 |
| Godzilla, Mothra & King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack | 2001 | 18 |
| Son of Godzilla | 1967 | 19 |
| Godzilla vs. Megalon | 1973 | 20 |
| Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla | 2002 | 21 |
| Godzilla vs. Megaguirus | 2000 | 22 |
| Godzilla vs. Destoroyah | 1995 | 23 |
| Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla | 1994 | 24 |
| Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2 | 1993 | 25 |
| Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah | 1991 | 26 |
| Ebirah, Horror of the Deep (Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster) | 1966 | 27 |
| Godzilla vs. Mothra (Godzilla & Mothra: The Battle for Earth) | 1992 | 28 |
| Godzilla (US Distributed) | 1998 | 29 |
| All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge) | 1969 | 30 |
I am not including any movies that Godzilla appeared in by-proxy, including: Pee Wee's Big Adventure, Ultraman, Always: Sunset on Third Street 2, etc.
As you might have guessed, I'm obsessed with the big guy. I have a full set of reasons for why each movie fits into the list as well... but just for the top 5, these are the movies that best exemplify what he is all about. Pure, unmistakable bad-assery!
If I don't post before then, please have a wonderful Turkey Day!!
~Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment