Today is the 12th day that I have been on Gilenya, and it has been quite the journey.
At first, I had mentioned that I had barely any side effects. And damned if I didn't jinx myself. For the past 72 hours, I have had pretty much ALL of the side effects
::insert angry face and shaking fist here::
The fatigue via slightly decreased heart rate has been there since day one, and has not let up. Each day I find myself fading fast between noon and 3ish, but with a little sugar or coffee (most of the times together, and in copious amounts) I soldier on. Then, out of no-where, a bunch of other side effects began hitting me in the middle of the night. Because if there is ever a time when a side effect is most convenient, it's at 2:30 am.
So far it has been fever, a touch of insomnia (getting 3-4 hours a night,) eye pain, headaches, slight chills, and a waterlogged feeling when I take deep breaths. This pretty much sums up all of the major, non-injection related side effects I had on all the other drugs. So all things considered, I'd still take this drug over anything involving a needle.
oOo, I found the perfect disgruntled face to accompany my theoretical shaking fist:
(To quote Archer, which is possibly the best TV show out there...) To top this "suck salad," I get to sprinkle the bacon bits of having trouble procuring more Gilenya. My insurance is dragging their feet in approving my shipment; but thankfully Novartis is sending me a stop-gap, 7 day supply. Hopefully that resolves itself soon.
On another note, today marks my one year wedding anniversary. It's been a year of extreme ups and downs, and my amazing wife has supported me through all of it. She is my rock (to be cliched, but completely true.) I am truly the luckiest man on earth, and I am grateful for every day she is by my side.
I'll let you all know what happens.
Until next time
Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment