Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

My foray into blogging!

Hello!!

My name is Adam and I have multiple sclerosis.

I have been living with MS for the last few years, but I have only recently been compelled to start putting pen to paper (or fingers to keys if you will.)  For years people have told me that I needed to find some sort of therapeutic outlet... and blogging may be a great way to vent.  Although I knew that there are real benefits to writing, I had always been resistant to sitting down and starting.

I have always been afraid that my writing would come off as whiny and complaining, or just looking for sympathy.  I knew that this definitely would not be the case, but it has always stopped me from actually getting my butt in gear.  Plus there is always the whole laziness thing... I have never had faith that I could write consistently; getting posts out often and well written enough to gain a following.

What had changed my attitude was my sister, Jaime.  Jai was diagnosed with lung cancer about 3 years ago, and began blogging about her journey shortly after.  I know the writing was a great outlet for her; and gave her a platform for her clever, witty, and incredibly intelligent writing.  Plus, it had to be a great way to vent her frustrations.  We lost Jai a few months ago, which has been the hardest thing my family and I have ever gone through.  When I read her blog, I can hear her voice... and makes me want to show just a fraction of the strength she had.

You can read Jaime's blog here.

I plan on documenting my experiences here in hopes of engaging in some meaningful discussion.  This blog will also give me an excuse to ramble on about my various passions.  I will definitely be going on diatribes on food and movies; that way it won't be too monotone.

Well, that concludes the boring introductory post.  Make sure to stay tuned for my next post... Dr. Feldman (Or how I learned to start worrying and love the neurologists office.)

Yours Truly,
Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment